Andrew Cotton: How to overcome fear in surfing
Andrew answering and discussing:
- When was it that Andrew got into big wave surfing?
- What were big moments?
- How to enjoy your worst nightmare?
- Skills set versus mindset. What’s more important?
Watch and listen:
Show notes Andrew Cotton podcast
3:30 Enjoying yourself and traveling for big waves
5:10 I was ambitious. But I didn’t have a clear path.
8:10 What did you do for work?
9:26 When was it that you got into big wave surfing?
12:10 It takes time. You need a scheme.
15:00 There have been moments. You have to learn to enjoy your worst nightmare.
16:00 There was a big moment at Nazaré with Garrett McNamara.
19:10 There’s no different skills set. It’s a different mindset.
23:20 Push yourself, but there’s a fine line.
26:00 It’s amazing how we can do long breath holds. And triple that.
30:10 You can’t let the emotion dictate if you are in a scary situation. And that takes time. In a good environment with knowledgable people.
31:00 Search for the right people to surf with.
Links from the show:
- Waar moeten we het de volgende keer over hebben? Laat het ons weten in de comments
- Vond je deze editie ok? Laat een korte review achter op bv Spotify.